Sunday, February 15, 2009

The Perks of Family for Neighbors

I have to say how great it is living next to family. There are so many perks...
Shared birthday parties (their kids are the same ages as our youngest 3) -We get to split the responsibilities in half!
Relationships more like brother-sister rather than cousins...

My neices feeling right at home (Reese pulled the bench over to the pantry, opened it up and grabbed the candy jar. She didn't know I was watching - I have to say I LOVED it! I love seeing them feel so at home. Of course, with a big secret grin, I grabbed my camera and then called her name)

Lots of practice sharing... they play together all the time!

Learning new tricks from your cousin who is 3 weeks older than you... anyone who knows Mason knows what a climber he is!
Enjoying the benefits of having dogs as pets without actually claiming ownership and responsibility...
Hunter just loves Duke and Daisy (Yes, Keith's brother was a big fan of Dukes of Hazard, hense their names). There are many many other numerous perks...
*sharing backyards - we knocked a hole in the wall between our houses...they enjoy our fort, we enjoy their trampoline, along with all the other yard toys.
*working out together (Katie keeps me inspired)
*BABYSITTING BENEFITS - I can't say enough about that one!
*Having your doctor next door!
I could go on and on and on. But I have to say, it is AWESOME! And I recommend it!
Thanks for being such great neighbors Katie and Russ!






6 comments:

russandkatie said...

What a great post, I just wish I would have done it first because we feel EXACTLY the same way!!! I'm not sure having your bishop next door is as big of a perk as having your doctor next door though but I will say it is nice being able to come over in my jammies to get my temple recommend signed :)

Love you guys!!!

Diana said...

How fun! I kinda like your neighbors and their neighbors too!

Spencer and Marlee said...

I LOVE your neighbors too! How fun for you guys!

KP said...

Perfect post. It has blessed you all, I know. I wish it had been the right place for us but clearly it was the right place for them.

THE LEWIS' said...

stephanie
so i found your blo from katie's hope you dont mind. i just wrote this on katie's but i think we should do this half marathon http://www.havasuhalf.com/courseinfo.html
its saturday April 4th.
what do you think?
i have never done one but would love to

let me know

Tammy said...

Stephanie,
I totally forget that you are related to Katie and even live next door. How fun.

Brigham and I are indeed running that race with Jane. Wish us luck. It starts tomorrow morning.