Thursday, October 29, 2009

Remodel Complete!

Before...

The front door view

from the kitchen area
into the master bath area


(I didn't quite get the before picture soon enough for a "before" shot)

After...


The new and improved view from the front door. If it doesn't look like the same house it's because we took out the wall which separated the living room from the family room. We also raised up the sunken living room floor so it could all be level.


from the kitchen table, looking towards the front door.the new master bathI have yet to purchase the mirror for over the vanity.
And last but certainly NOT least because I love it...

our mudroom, coming in from the garage. It's where the washer and dryer used to be, which is now in the master bath area. They have their own closet.


I LOVE...

having the washer and dryer in my room,

a place just inside the door for everybody's stuff,

having a big kitchen table area at which our family can all sit comfortably (before it was tiny!)

having a larger, more spread out family room,

the spacious feel that our new and improved house now provides!


It was a gruelling 6 weeks, much harder than anticipated. And I must say THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to my 3 sisters-in-law who helped many times to watch my kids while I worked. And to a few of my good friends who also helped me. I could not have made it through without your help. And inspite of the fact that Keith was and is gone OFTEN, the key days he took off to be here and work were so helpful to me. Some days I just didn't think I could go through it anymore. My parents also came over a couple of days and painted and cleaned which was so great! And to Dan, my brother-in-law who is a general contractor and did the majority of the work, Thanks for your diligence and hard work! The end result ... just right!

I LOVE IT!

8 comments:

Sarah said...

OH WOW! I love it! I cannot believe how different the living/family room looks! What a huge transformation. You guys have such great vision. Seriously, really really impressed here!

russandkatie said...

I love it! but you already knew that :)

Jessica said...

i love how it all turned out too...you could go into this for a profession steph! great vision--i never would have thought to do all the things you did!!

Anonymous said...

You guys did good..it looks great!

KP said...

Thanks for posting photos. Congratulations!!!
It really looks nice! Dan does a great job. The ideas came together beautifully.

sweetvictorya said...

It looks very nice.

Mr. Wright said...

Love it! You'll have to teach us RS Sisters how to remodel & grout. You ROCK!! Marie :)

The Booth Family said...

WOW! Everything looks amazing.... I guess I would have know that sooner had I done my VTing :) Good Job!